Interesting Facts About Little Master Sunil Gavaskar
1. Sunil Gavaskar was mistakenly swapped with another child after his birth but was latter found sleeping beside a fisherwoman.
2. He also tried his hand in writing and has written four books named, Sunny days, Runs n ruins, Idols and One day wonders.
3. He was the first Indian player, Excluding wicket keepers, to take 100 catches in test matches.
4. Sunil Gavaskar dis the job of a match referee in 1st test and 5 ODIs before becoming a commentator.
5. In 1975, he was appreciated with the Arjuna Award for cricket. In 1980, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan. In 2012, Sunil Gavaskar was honoured with Col C.K. Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
6. He was a huge fan of West Indian cricketer Rohan Kanhai and so he named his only child Rohan Gavaskar after him.
7. Gavaskar played a lead role in a Marathi movie – Savli Premachi.
8. Apart from Savli Premachi, He also did a cameo in Hindi actor Naseeruddin Shah’s film Malaamaal in 1988.
9. He scored 10122 runs in test cricket at an average of 51.12 with 34 centuries and 45 half centuries. He also scored 3092 ODI runs at an average of 35.13 with 1 century and 27 half centuries.
10. Gavaskar is the only batsman in the world cricket to score Double Hundred in the 1st, 2nd,3rd and 4th innings of Test Matches.
11. Sunil Gavaskar 774 Runs against West Indies on his Debut series remains the highest runs by a debutant in a series since 1971.
12. Sunil Gavaskar was also a good talented Mimic artist who use to imitate Players and few cricketers batting styles.