Ten fascinating facts about Che Guevera
- Che Guevara was born on 14 June 1928 in Rosario, Argentina. He was the descendant of a half Irish family.
- Che Guevara’s real name is ‘Ernesto Guevara De La Serna Lynch’
- Che’s nickname at school was ‘Chancho’ which means pig, a name given to him due to his scruffy nature and reluctance to wash.
- Che completed his medical studies and became a doctor in 1953 with a particular interest in leprosy.
- He loved playing Chess throughout his life and even entered local tournaments.
- In 1964, Guevara travelled to the United States to give a speech to the United Nations in New York.
- Other then Cuba, Che Guevara also fought in revolutions in Bolivia and Congo but failed.
- Che Guevara had five children, one from his first wife and four with his second wife.
- The Maryland Institute of Art named the photo of Che from 1960 used on so many millions of t-shirts around the world as the most famous photo of all time.
- Che breathed his last on 9 October 1967 in La Higuera, Bolivia.
Related Articles & Comments