Ten fascinating life facts about Actress Rekha
- Rekha Ganesan was born on 10th October 1954 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to actor Gemini Ganesan and actress Pushpavalli.
- Rekha parents were not married at the time of her birth, she has one real sister, one half brother and five half sisters.
- Rekha considers Telugu to be her mother tongue. She completed her studies from the popular Church Park Convent in Chennai.
- Rekha began her career as a child actress in the Telugu film Rangula Ratnam. She made her debut as an adult actress with Kannada film Operation Jackpot Nalli C.I.D 999 with Rajkumar in 1969. Anjana Safar was her first Hindi film.
- Her major blockbuster films were ‘Silsila’, ‘Umrao Jaan’, ‘Khoobsurat’ and ‘Khoon Bhari Maang’.
- Rekha got married to Delhi-based Industrialist Mukesh Aggarwal in 1990 but it didn’t last long and they separated within a year. There were rumours of her being in relationship with Amitabh Bachchan and Vinod Mehra.
- Rekha is very close to her secretary Farzana. She considers Farzana as her ‘soul sister’.
- Rekha believes in leading a highly disciplined life and is a huge fan of Aromatherapy and Ayurvedic spa treatments. She practices yoga every day.
- Rekha is honoured with several awards including Padma Shri and National Award
- She was nominated for Rajya Sabha, and became a member of the Upper House in May 2012.
Related Articles & Comments