Ten fascinating life facts about Asha Bhosle
- Asha Bhosle was born on September 8, 1933 to Dinanath Mangeshkar and Shevanti Mangeshkar in Sangli, Maharastra. She has three sisters and one brother.
- In 1943 she sang her first film song, ‘Chala Chala Nav Bala’ for the Marathi film ‘Majha Bal’. Asha made her Hindi film debut with the song, ‘Saawan Aaya’ for the movie ‘Chunariya’ in 1948.
- Asha at the age of 16 eloped and got married with Ganpatrao Bhosle aged 31, who was Lata Mangeshgkar’s secretary. But this relationship didn’t last long.
- In 1980, Asha fell in love with music director Rahul Dev Burman, who was six years younger to her.
- Asha Bhosle has sung over 12, 000 songs in more than 20 Indian and foreign languages till now.
- She won 8 Filmfare awards in the best Female Playback Singer Category in the years 1968, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, and 1979.
- Asha loves cooking and runs successful restaurants in Dubai, Kuwait and the UK. She often states that she would have been a cook had she not been a singer.
- She has been recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist in music history.
- Ashaji’s daughter Varsha committed suicide, which left her shaken in October 2012.
- Ashaji received honorary degrees from University of Amaravati, University of Jalgaon and Jodhpur National University.
Related Articles & Comments