Ten fascinating life facts about MS Dhoni
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on July 7, 1981 in Ranchi city of Jharkhand state.
- Dhoni played as a football goalkeeper during his school days. He made his ODI debut against Bangladesh in 2004, and was run out on the first ball.
- Before being a cricketer, he was a train ticket examiner(TTE) at Kharagpur railway station for 2 years.
- Dhoni is the only Indian captain to have led his team to victory in all three major ICC tournaments: the Twenty-20 World Cup (2007), 50 Over World Cup (2011) and the Champion’s Trophy (2013).
- He was recommended as captain of Team India by Retired Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
- Fondly called Mahi, Dhoni is a huge fan of Australian wicketkeeper batsman Adam Gilchrist.
- Dhoni’s signature shot ‘The helicopter shot’ was taught to him by the former Jharkhand cricketer, Santosh Lal.
- MSD is a fond of bikes. He owns around 23 super bikes.
- MS Dhoni was given the honourary rank of Lt Colonel by the Indian Army in 2011.
- Dhoni loves listening to old classic Hindi movie melodies and is a Kishore Kumar fan
Related Articles & Comments