How much you love him?
1. Subhash Chandra Bose, commonly known as Netaji, was born in the year 1897 as the 9th child of his parents at Cuttack in Odisha.
2. Netaji did his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Presidency college. After that Subhash Chandra Bose went to England for further studies. Bose was ranked 4th in the prestigious Indian Civil Service (ICS) exam in 1919, which he later resigned from.
3. Netaji has been elected as President of All India National Congress for two times. He was the editor of “Forward” newspaper, started the newspaper Swaraj.
4. Subhash Chandra Bose was a very brilliant young men, who was a very essential member of the Independence movement.
5. During the period of 1921-1941, he was imprisoned eleven times in various jails in India.
6. Bose was married to an Austrian origin woman named Emilie Schenkl. The couple have a daughter Anita Bose Pfaff who is a well known German economist
7. In 1941, with German funds Bose started Free India Center and a Free India Radio where he used broadcast nightly
8. Netaji differed from Mahatma Gandhi’s view of gaining independence through a non-violent struggle. He founded the Armed Force known as Azad Hind Fauz in order to fight the British colonizers.
9. Netaji 48, was thought to have died in an air crash in Taiwan on August 18, 1945, but no exact evidence is available for that.
10. Bose penned his autobiography by the title “The Indian Pilgrim” which he started writing in 1937 remains unfinished.